#StylePia is the new agenda of Pakistan’s national airline PIA. As per news PIA Uniforms to be designed by top designers of Pakistan including Maheen Khan, Shamaeel Ansari & Sonya Batla, Amir Adnan, Nida Azwer, Ismail Farid, Omer Farooq, Fahad Hussayn, Maheen Karim, Misha Lakhani, Sania Maskatiya, Yasmeen Sheikh, Shamoon Sultan of Khaadi, Ali Zeeshan and HSY. The best designers of Pakistan have been hired to give a new look to PIA flight attendants and crew.
The new designs will be unveiled soon in a Fashion show where these top designers will showcase #StylePIA collection.
Lets see how they keep up with the tradition, color scheme and modernize the same with their new exquisite designs.
History of PIA Uniforms designed is as below :-
– 1950s, uniform designed by Chausee Fortaignelle.
– 1956 to 1960, the uniform was jointly designed by known Pakistani designer Laila Shahzada and Chausie Fountainer.
– 1960-1966, Pakistani fashion designer Feroze Cowasji, took the job to design the uniforms.
– 1975, Sir Hardy Amies, best known for being royal dress maker to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom created the uniforms for PIA.
– 1986-2003, Pakistani dress designer Mrs. Nahid Azfar introduced moss green and gold rose for summer and burgundy and PIA green for winter as the uniform followed by Riffat Yasmin’s three coloured shalwar kameez (Mustard, Sea Green and Rust) uniform with floral patterned dupatta.
Looks like revamp and image building is what PIA is looking at and StylePIA is a step towards the same.
Sania is a Fashion grad from AIFD. Blogging is what she loves doing.