Dubai is set to host the world’s largest Urdu literacy festival, ‘Jashan-e-Rekhta,’ a vibrant celebration of the richness and eloquence of the Urdu language. Having successfully run for eight years in India and expanded internationally to London, the festival is making its mark in Dubai, promising two days of cultural extravaganza at Zabeel Park on January 27.
Day 1 Highlights:
- Javed Akhtar’s Musical Journey: Renowned lyricist and poet Javed Akhtar will host ‘Main Koi Aisa Geet Gaoon,’ an evening filled with untold stories behind famous songs. Delving into his treasure trove, Akhtar will share golden trivia about collaborations with iconic figures, accompanied by singers Meiyang Chang and Jahnvi Shrimankar.
- Art and Life: Samina and Usmaan Peerzada: Join Samina Peerzada and Usmaan Peerzada in conversation with Bee Gul for a thought-provoking session on ‘Mera Fann Meri Zindagi.’ Explore the intertwining of art and life as they delve into the essence of their creative journey and its impact on their existence.
- Urdu Culture Panel Discussion: The festival kicks off with a panel discussion on Urdu culture and relationships, featuring Bollywood lyricist Javed Akhtar and Pakistani human rights activist Arfa Sayeda Zehra.
- Cultural Performances: Experience a stage performance of Ismat Chughtai’s Urdu play ‘Dozakh’ (Hell), a Sufi concert by Ustad Shafqat Ali Khan, and a portrayal of the legendary singer Noor Jehan in ‘Raqs-e-Naa Tammam.’
Day 2 Highlights:
- Pakistani Power Couple’s 50-Year Journey: Enjoy a talk show with the iconic Pakistani couple Sameena Peerzada and Usmaan Peerzada, sharing insights into their remarkable 50-year journey.
- Interactive Session with Actresses: Actresses Mahira Khan and Shabana Azmi engage in an interactive session, providing a unique glimpse into their experiences.
- Grand International Mushaira – ‘Gehan aur Dhoop’: The festival’s highlight is the grand international mushaira, featuring acclaimed poets, titled ‘Gehan aur Dhoop.’ An event not to be missed, celebrating the beauty of Urdu language and culture.
- Culinary Delights: A food bazaar offering flavors from Indian, Pakistani, Arabic, and other cuisines.
- Urdu Bazaar: Explore an array of art, handicrafts, books, and more at the Urdu Bazaar.
With an expected attendance of around 15,000 visitors, including those from India and Pakistan, ‘Jashan-e-Rekhta’ promises to be a grand celebration of Urdu language and culture in the heart of Dubai. Under the patronage of Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nayhan, Minister of Tolerance and Co-existence in the UAE, this festival is a testament to the global resonance of Urdu literature and art. Don’t miss your chance to be part of this cultural spectacle; tickets priced at Dh75 are available on Platinum List.
Fahad is an entrepreneur and a marketing enthusiast who loves to write on trending topics. He loves travelling & playing tennis is what he does in his leisure time. He tweets @fahad164.
Email:- email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org